Each January, the Kiwanis Club of Prince George organizes the popular Kiwanis AleFest – a Craft Festival Weekend. This fundraiser weekend allows Kiwanis Prince George to raise funds for children and families in our community.
Since the launch of the first Kiwanis AleFest weekend in 2015, we have been able to award grants to several important groups and organizations including:
• Ronald McDonald House of BC and Yukon
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Prince George
• Connaught Youth Centre
• Huble Homestead Historic Site
• KidSport Prince George
• Prince George Community Arts Council
• Prince George Dress Dreams
• Prince George Native Friendship Centre
• Prince George Public Library
• Prince George Therapeutic Riding Association
• Theatre NorthWest – sending entire schools to the theatre – for free!
• Two Rivers Gallery
• UHNBC Paediatric Ward
• And many more!
The Grant Application process is open.
Deadline for Submission – Wednesday, April 15th, 2020
Awards Announcement – Friday, May 29th, 2020
The Kiwanis Club of Prince George awards funding in two broad categories:
1) Creating equitable access to experiences for children / youth, with priorities to overcome socioeconomic or other barriers, and to support existing programs, services and/or infrastructure in Prince George (up to $5000)
2) Capital Projects (Up to $20,000) – Please email details on your project before submitting this form. Contact: email@example.com.
Before proceeding with the application, note that the following criteria MUST be met:
- The funds support children and/or youth (0 to 18 years).
- The funds must be spent within 12 months.
- Your organization is based in Prince George.
- Your organization is a registered charity.
- One application per organization per funding cycle.