Friday, January 27 &
Saturday, January 28, 2017
Kiwanis Prince George in collaboration with Downtown Prince George are holding the first Cask Beer Weekend on Friday, January 27th and Saturday, January 28th, 2017. While many people missed getting tickets for the sold-out Kiwanis AleFest main sessions at Two Rivers Gallery, this un-ticketed auxiliary sessions are opportunities to enjoy the unique tastes of small batch cask beers made by northern craft breweries.
WHAT IS CASK BEER?
Cask ale is brewed from traditional ingredients and naturally conditioned in a cask from which it is served. This means the ale is fresh and unfiltered, and has unique flavours and aromas.
HOW DOES THE CASK BEER WEEKEND WORK?
- Plan for safe ride home, or stay overnight at Ramada*.
- Pick up entry form / map from a participating downtown establishment.
- Pick an establishment to start your cask beer tour.
- Experience small batch, specialty cask-conditioned ales.
- Collect your visit stamp from a server.
- Proceed to the next establishment on the map .
- Go back to #4, repeat as necessary.
- Visit min. 4 establishments (4 stamps), complete the entry form and then drop into box at an establishment.
Northern BC Craft Breweries
Open House - Come tour the new brewery
Restaurants Hosting Casks
Cask Beer Weekend Rules
- You must be legal drinking age (19+) to participate
- You must experience the cask beers at each establishment to be eligible for stamps
- All eligible entries will be included in the random prize draw - draw date is January 31, 2017 - prizes have no cash value
- There are 2 prize packages to win, each valued at approximately $400, and include:
- 2 tickets to Kiwanis AleFest 2018
- 1 overnight room for 2 guests at Ramada for 2018 event
- $125 gift certificate to a downtown establishment
- 4 Kiwanis AleFest beer glasses
- Post photos, tag #kiwanisalefest
*Special Kiwanis AleFest overnight rate available, please check with hotel.