Friday, January 25 &
Saturday, January 26, 2019
Kiwanis Prince George in collaboration with Downtown Prince George are holding the third annual Cask Beer Weekend on Friday, January 25th and Saturday, January 26th, 2019 These un-ticketed auxiliary sessions are opportunities to enjoy the unique tastes of small batch cask beers made by northern craft breweries. We welcome you to take part in Cask Beer Experience as there are different varieties of small batch beers to enjoy, not available at Kiwanis AleFest!
WHAT IS CASK BEER?
Cask ale is brewed from traditional ingredients and naturally conditioned in a cask from which it is served. This means the ale is fresh and unfiltered, and has unique flavours and aromas.
HOW DOES THE CASK BEER Experience WORK?
- Plan for safe ride home, or stay overnight at the Ramada or Coast Inn of the North*.
- Pick up entry form / map from a participating downtown establishment.
- Pick an establishment to start your cask beer tour.
- Experience small batch, specialty cask-conditioned ales.
- Collect your visit stamp from a server.
- Proceed to the next establishment on the map .
- Go back to #4, repeat as necessary.
- Visit min. 4 establishments (4 stamps), complete the entry form and then drop into box at an establishment.
Northern BC Craft Breweries
Restaurants Hosting Casks
Cask Beer EXPERIENCE Rules
- You must be legal drinking age (19+) to participate
- You must experience the cask beers at each establishment to be eligible for stamps
- All eligible entries will be included in the random prize draw - draw date is February 1, 2019 - prizes have no cash value
- There are 2 prize packages to win, each valued at approximately $400, and include:
- 2 tickets to Kiwanis AleFest 2020
- 1 overnight room for 2 guests at Ramada for 2020 event
- $120 gift certificates (8x$15) to participating establishments
- 4 Kiwanis AleFest beer glasses
- Post photos, tag #kiwanisalefest
*Special Kiwanis AleFest overnight rate available, please check with hotel.